Lead LAMP Web Engineer
ImarcAmesbury, MA | Posted: 7 months ago
You'll be primarily working on a single web application for one of Imarc's award-wining clients. You'll be part of product team with a dedicated manager, UI designer, front end developer and marketing and usability experts. You and your team will be responsible for making both long term and short term improvements to this web site.
While the current site is in Drupal, the long term plan is to consider migrating to another CMS. While experience with Drupal is key, understanding overall web development, best practices, and hosting troubleshooting will also be a large part of your role.
Imarc's Development Team
- Experience with Drupal 7 including solid fundamentals around custom modules, hooks, themes, APIs, drush, and Drupal core.
- Strong PHP development and debugging skills.
- Familiar with version control and Git.
- Should be able to work independently using creative mocks and requirements to implement and customize Drupal.
- Ability to evaluate and select Drupal modules based on maintenance status, community usage, security issues, and availability of documentation. Integrate modules after regression testing for incompatibilities and dependencies on other modules already in use.
- Performing some system administration tasks in Linux to support deployment and maintenance on the server.
You’ll be commuting to our Amesbury, MA office. See more about our team culture at http://imarc.com/hiring.
What Imarc Offers
This is a great opportunity to work with other designers, UX professionals, and developers in a highly collaborative and quality-focused environment. While you're working within an agency, this role is solely dedicated to a single web-based product, allowing the developer to focus and make ongoing measurable improvements.
We're a stable agency that's been around for over 20 years. We've grown slowly and steadily with very low employee turnover. We've been voted one of Inc. Magazine's best workplaces a couple times - https://www.imarc.com/blog/inc-best-workplaces-2017
We also offer lots of tangible benefits that you're probably interested in:
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) planning
- Company-sponsored retirement plan
- Nice work environment with your favorite Mac, PC, or Linux laptop; standing desks; friendly co-workers; (and for those who really like geeking out, your favorite mechanical keyboard, if that's your thing)
- A place that is not Boston or one of those crazy office parks on 128 or 495
This listing is pretty personal. We like that. Feel free to reciprocate with a cover letter as well.