AWS System Engineer
Digital Media SolutionsLos Angeles, CA | Posted: 6 months ago
Digital Media Solutions is looking for an experienced AWS Systems Engineer to support our W4 division in our Los Angeles, CA office. Technology is the backbone for an ever-evolving digital marketing company. We are scaling to new heights and we’re looking for an energetic, creative individual with an “anything is possible” approach to problem solving.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and other remote servers.
- Design and deploy the infrastructure and services for new applications.
- Lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve security, availability,reliability, and performance.
- Build, install, tune, and troubleshoot operating system services for optimum performance levels.
- Keep up with Amazon maintenance requirements, avoiding unplanned outages.
- Work closely with development team by rapidly deploying instances, monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise.
- Recommend and implement alternative solutions as needed.
- Collaborate with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented.
- Evaluate, implement, and integrate new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, etc.
- 5+ years’ of Linux administration in AWS environment
- Managing a multi-region AWS Linux environment including: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, PostGres
- Working in a load balanced, high traffic, highly available 24/7/365 environment
- Logging/Monitoring tools
- Bash and/or other scripting languages
- Assisting with deployment in AWS and cloud environments
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation
Also a plus:
- AWS, Server Administration Certification
- Macmind, GeoIP
- DataDog, Logentries, Zabbix
- Git, CircleCl
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
What we offer:
- Very competitive pay package based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Domestic partner benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible work schedules
- Frequent social and community events
- Annual retreat in Clearwater Beach, FL and events built around teambuilding