Software Engineer (m/f)
CovomoFrankfurt am Main, Germany | Posted: 6 months ago
We are an insurance company with offices in Frankfurt and we are looking for a software engineer that will help us achieve these goals that we have planed in the next year:
- Decomposing our two big monolithic applications to single-purpose components based on node.js
- Rewriting old search engine and introducing new and improved database structure
- Revamping our deployment process, moving our apps from self-hosting setup to cloud architecture and dockerizing our development environment.
- Moving our hybrid ionic app from the development stage to the production.
To achieve all these plans we need exceptional candidates that have strong technical knowledge that includes the following:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in software development.
- Fluency with any backend server language.
- Good grasp of practices that promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code.
- Experience with various development tools: IDEs, version control, and others on Linux platform.
- Experience with database and schema design.
- Experience with the micro-services architecture, software containers and related technologies (Docker containers, Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Experience with build, deployment and development tools.
- Business proficiency in English
On top of technical skills we love candidates that have these personal traits:
- You make wise decisions, based on long-term
- You are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- You are selfless and provide candid, helpful, timely feedback to colleagues
- You say what you think, when it’s in the best interest of Covomo, even if it is uncomfortable
- You make your colleagues better