TractionSan Francisco, CA | Posted: 7 months ago
You should have prior experience architecting and developing projects from concept through delivery and launch.
This is a client facing role and candidates should have experience communicating technical concepts to clients as well as leading small teams of developers.
We’re a small team solving a variety of large problems for clients across multiple sectors including technology, financial services, and CPG. In this role, you will be a key contributor in determining and executing these solutions.
What you'll (mostly) do:
- Work closely with the Technology Director Estimating projects based on initial scope
- Work closely with the Technology Director to ensure requirements and timelines are met
- Lead a team of 1-3 developers, distributing responsibilities, determining cadence, and prioritizing engineering tasks
- Act as primary technical contact on projects both internally and with clients
- Define and document project technical requirements
- Architect and implement website and CMS projects using technologies such as Django and DjangoCMS, wordpress, etc.
- Create responsive HTML5 pages from design comps
- Create CSS3 layouts, ensuring compatibility across all required browsers
- Work with developers, designers, and project leaders to ensure code quality and design fidelity
- Optimize graphic elements, advising where CSS may be used instead
- Integrate content and services from 3rd parties using APIs
What you'll (mostly) bring:
- Solid knowledge of backend language such as Python/Django, Ruby, and PHP
- Proficiency with databases such as MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Experience with build, packaging, environment, and delivery tools such as webpack, docker, and gulp
- High attention to detail to maintain design integrity throughout the build process
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with clients
- IT/DevOps skills
- Experience with DjangoCMS or Ruby on Rails
- Unix/Linux administration experience
What you’ll get:
You’ll join a full-service, awarding winning, digitally focused, independent agency who are hard-working and hard-playing and is still on the rise after 17 years not to mention providing you with a wide range of employee benefits and the chance to work with some of the world’s leading brands from giant innovators to start-up trailblazer.
Traction is on a mission to become one of the most in-demand agencies in the United States, sought out by the best brands in the world to design meaningful experiences for their customers. To accomplish this, we have created a culture that is built on autonomy, empowerment, and fun. We believe the most creative, unexpected insights can come from anyone. Anywhere. At anytime.
For more information, visit http://tractionco.com.