PHP Developer - Come and Learn Elixir!
VampSydney, Australia | Posted: 6 months ago
Next generation digital start-up and influencer marketing company, Vamp, is seeking a Back-End Software Engineer for our passionate, enthusiastic and rapidly growing team.
Vamp connects brands with influential content creators who are passionate about their products to provide authentic, lifestyle-based product placement in social media.
We combine great technology with a full-service influencer marketing agency approach and an unrivalled creator network, to help our clients’ advertising strategies reach their greatest potential. Our tech platform is designed to make the campaign process seamless for both client and talent. We are evolving our unique platform every day to be as nimble and flexible with global scalability and to be platform agnostic.
Why Work for Vamp?
- The top bosses are passionate about the company’s vision, but how we get there technologically speaking, well that's your turf.
- Be a part of an ever-expanding international company, currently operating in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and London.
- Above all, you get to build and be part of software that gets used by thousands of people, soon to be growing to hundreds of thousands of people.
About the Role
As a back-end software engineer at Vamp, reporting into the Technical Lead, you’ll be:
- The go-to-expert for anything API and database related
- Developing robust, superb quality, performant APIs for our content creator-facing app as well as internal tools
- Integrating 3rd-party APIs such as Instagram, Facebook, PayPal, Stripe, Sendle, Qwilr, Firebase, and etc. into the Vamp API
- Continually maintaining and optimising our API and database codebase
- Maintaining and updating Vamp infrastructure on AWS as necessary
- Contributing ideas on improving the development process
- Develop your skills using Elixir
Required Technical Skills
To be able to do your day-to-day tasks and duties at Vamp, you will need to possess at a minimum the following technical know-how:
- Elixir/Phoenix (preferred but not a deal breaker)
- Ruby on Rails or PHP
- Git version control
- Bash and shell scripting
- JSON APIs
- Other server-side frameworks such as Ruby on Rails are a bonus
Also, you'll find it easier to get your hands dirty from the first day if you have been working with these before:
- React, React-Native
- Property-Driven Testing
Development Team Culture
Will our team culture fit you? Will we provide you with a ground for growth, challenge, and satisfaction? Let's find out:
- Do you hate it when an API request takes more than 1 second?
- Do you live, breathe, and dream about building better and faster APIs?
- Do you take ownership of the team's work even though you were not involved in its initial creation?
- Do you welcome changes without getting defensive on the time and effort already spent on a piece of work?
- Do you like to focus more on getting the job done than the politics involved in getting a job done?
- Do you see a new experimental technology as a "let's assess this" opportunity rather than as a "stay away, too early" can of worms?
If you answer 'yes' to most of these questions then we'd be thrilled to meet you.
We operate as autonomous multi-disciplined squads in each of our 4 major projects: API, mobile, dashboard and analytics. Each team decides for itself what tools and languages to use, and decisions are made as a team.
Show us what you’ve got and apply now. We are excited to grow our team and to have you in it as part of our journey.