Back to Archive
WordPress Technical Support
Modern TribeRemote | Posted: 4 months ago
This job is expired and may no longer be accepting applications.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a seriously support-loving person to add to the mix. We currently provide technical support for a growing suite of WordPress plugins through the forums we run and manage on our website, but have hit a spot where extra help building relationships with our customers will make a world of difference.
We’re looking for someone for around 10-15 hours a week to help us go the extra mile when customers reach out for help with the both the tech-y and less tech-y side of things, like bug reports, feature requests, product reviews, account access and questions about product features.
However, we won’t lie. This will be a fast-paced position where a successful person will be genuinely happy to help customers with a myriad of questions. There are more than 400,000 active installs of The Events Calendar running on websites around the world and many of them have questions that require timely assistance.
Support is at the center of everything we do here at Modern Tribe, we want you to help our community thrive.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
- Moderating the support inbox, ensuring customers and potential customers receive responses within 24 hours of submission
- Field incoming feature requests and document them for consideration in the roadmap
- Take point on the WordPress.org forums for our core plugin offerings
- Testing bug reports locally and logging them in our projects system, with appropriate detail and testing instructions, when a bug is confirmed as legitimate
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for every new release and product
- Recording video walkthroughs highlighting plugin functionality
- Creating tutorials, documentation, screencasts and other forum materials to help guide people to success
- Writing snippets to solve one-off problems
- Helping run regular user testing sessions
- Being the voice of the community during roadmap discussions
- Supporting product partners (other theme/plugin authors) and nonprofits
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- A love for all things WordPress with a good understanding of its codebase and community
- Basic familiarity with The Events Calendar, our main product. Bonus points for experience using any of premium add-ons, such as Events Calendar PRO. We will ask about this in the interview so be sure to check out theeventscalendar.com and our complete product line.
- Experience working with GitHub or other repo-sharing platforms. In other words, you can clone repos, pull branches and set up local WordPress installs without hassle.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Have built your own WordPress plugins. Double bonus points if those plugins extend The Events Calendar.
- Love doing video tutorials and have a home setup to do it
- Have a proven track record providing support specifically for WordPress plugins, or have an active track record in the WordPress.org community
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3+ hours of overlap each day, let's chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 15 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
This job was sourced from WeWorkRemotely.