Product Delivery Manager
Zonal Retail Data SystemsEdinburgh, UK | Posted: 4 months ago
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
You and your team will operate with a large degree of autonomy, with choices about process and technology stack. You will be responsible for ensuring your team remain aligned with the overall strategy and process striking the right balance between consistency and flexibility.
You will be responsible for enabling the commercial success of your product or products, which includes both the operations of the product (uptime, performance and user experience) and the successful delivery of the product roadmap (features)
You will monitor and report on the production usage of your product/products; ensuring pro-active steps are taken to stay one step ahead of customer demand; where customers may be internal or external.
You will keep a strategic view of the demands on, and limitations to, the products and use this to constantly improve the operations of the product.
Who you are
You will have a background working in a software Product Delivery environment. Most likely you will have spent some of career as a contributing member of a delivery team, you will have become the go to person to help get things done and this will have led to your progression into leadership positions.
- As a natural, confident and clear communicator you will have experience liaising with technical and non-technical teams and across organisational boundaries.
- You have experience communicating with support staff, delivery team members and C-Level executives and know how to tailor your communications to the audience.
- You will be motivated by getting things done, and getting them done in the right way, first time; you are laser focussed on achieving the best outcome.
- Having a senior role in the organisation your will be expected to be aware of the business and commercial pressures relevant to your teams and will pragmatically balance delivery against those pressure – you realise that we don’t operate in a perfect world and it will be necessary for you to make difficult decisions.
- You will have experience of rapid business changes and be able to keep your team motivated, energised and on track through these periods.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.