TeamCMPBarcelona, Spain | Posted: 7 months ago
Looking for a talented PHP Developer to join our team!
Our goal is to maintain and improve, one of the top 30 most popular American dating apps in the USA. We do this by using the most trendy technologies such as: Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Docker, using microcomponents and third-party APIs. As well as by following best practices (SOLID, Domain-Driven-Design,...) and new trends in app developments.
Were proud to be working with Symfony 4, Vue.js and for logging and metrics: ELK, Datadog, tableau, etc. This is all done using agile methodologies, working with Kanban and Jira on a daily basis. If you are looking for an old-fashioned monolith monster, youre most likely going to be disappointed. Learning and practicing new methods are welcomed, like the full CI approach we have recently adopted.
Just as important, we love to have fun. Youll find us playing our favorite PS game (RocketLeague) almost daily or getting to know other colleagues by going out to eat once a week. If you dont like something, shoot us. No really, we have nerf guns we regularly use (often during code reviews) and were not shy about voicing our opinions. We work as a team and encourage opinions.
Our team currently includes 15 people, from seven different countries, who look forward to getting to know you. We hope youre excited too!
About the Position:
Were looking for someone whos comfortable working on a dating product, and all the things that come along with it, including what is listed below.
- Maintain, develop, and add new features to our product
- Modernize and improve existing code using a DDD approach
- Break and extract new components from monolithic applications
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production system software problems
- Advise on issues for improving performance and scalability
- Develop unit, functional, and integration tests
- Be involved throughout the full lifecycle development process
- Learn (and teach) from colleagues through pair programming, code reviews, and weekly tech meetings
- Documenting existing systems/components
- Competitive compensation packages based on experience, skills, and the job market
- Private health and dental insurance plans for employees and their families
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; plus an extra display)
- Flexible working hours (7,5 hours/day)
- Permanent contract
- Gym membership sponsored
- Flexible national holiday schedule design your own working calendar
- Free English, Spanish, and Catalan classes
- Employees choice for up to one week of conference or training sessions per year time off and costs covered by the company
- Plenty of parties and events allowing you to get to know and feel like part of the team: BBQs on our terrace, weekly Friday Beers&Pizza, Halloween Party, etc
- The possibility of traveling (we have offices in New York)
- Regular freestyle days time to get creative or choose what you want to learn, separate from ongoing task
- Big sunny terrace to work, relax, and play as well as a generous assortment of drinks, snacks and fresh fruits
- Attractive employee referral program
- Company sponsored events: industry meetups annual Summer company-wide retreat (e.g. Sardinia September 2016, Portugal 2017, Mexico 2018); Winter office ski trips
- Multi-disciplinary teams
- Basket and Soccer league sponsored
- PS4, Xbox, Futbolín, and ping pong table