Senior Test Automation Software Engineer
GivelifyDallas, TX | Posted: 6 months ago
We are Givelify®, where fintech meets philanthropy. We help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world—one simple, joyful gift at a time.
From places of worship to world-changing nonprofit groups, Givelify harnesses the power of technology to bridge the gap between people and the causes they are most committed to supporting.
Beyond apps and interfaces, Givelify is designed to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving.
We are an ethnically and culturally diverse team of scrappy and professional, passionate people, dedicated to the mission of designing beautiful products that celebrate the joyous act of giving. As a company we value teamwork, open communication, transparency, and a great work ethic. We support our team by promoting flexibility and encouraging life-long learning and professional development opportunities. We are intrinsically motivated by remaining true to our company values, setting and exceeding audacious goals, and staying energetic about our team and our products.
What we're looking for:
A Senior Test Automation Engineer with a “take no prisoners” attitude to join our team.
Why is Engineering at Givelify Different?
- Moonshots are our norm.
- Our product impacts real people on the ground.
- We build with passion.
- High standard of engineering quality.
- Solve unique scalability challenges.
- Lead/collaborate on improving developer and engineering team’s test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- Track and document all testing defects and resolutions
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and , test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Coding experience in PHP, Java, C/C++ or Python
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging