Software Engineer- PHP
Quicken LoansDetroit, MI | Posted: 5 months ago
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
Quicken Loans is looking for a Software Engineer - PHP to join our team of more than 1,600 technology professionals. Our unique culture is filled with fun and challenging events, including hackathons and innovation challenges. Here, you get to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, be challenged to solve the right problem with the right tool and follow your passions – making everything radically simple through engineering.
We want to hire engineers, not language specialists. Therefore, we’re more focused on where you stand on programming fundamentals, including common data types, design patterns and data structures; object-oriented design principals; experience with unit testing; modern version control flows; functional programming; and comfort level on the command line.
- Solve problems by crafting software solutions using maintainable and modular code that you would be proud to show to colleagues (which you will for code reviews)
- Participate in daily team standup meetings where you’ll give and receive updates on the current backlog and challenges
- Participate in code reviews
- Write unit, functional, acceptance and/or user tests
- A willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Ability to bring the fundamentals and willingness to be trained on the right tool for the job
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with REST
- Involvement with cloud applications, specifically those built on AWS or Azure
- Experience working with containers
- Portfolio and code samples you can share
What You'll Get
Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010–2015 Primary Mortgage Origination and 2014–2015 Primary Mortgage Servicer StudiesSM. 2015 Origination (or Sales) based on 4,666 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July–August 2015. 2015 Servicing based on 5,922 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March–April 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the second largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S., according to National Mortgage News, Quarter 2, 2015.