Backend Software Engineer - Shape the future of our Business Studio project!
As a Backend Software Engineer for the trivago Business Studio project you'll actively shape the project's future by contributing to the integration, renement and planning of new and existing services and their architecture.
trivago Business Studio is a project within Advertiser Relations that aims to provide a seamless app platform and marketplace that facilitates web applications and data exchange between them while being the central entrypoint for B2B clients.
Ready to take on this challenge in either our Düsseldorf or Leipzig oce? Read on and apply today!
What you'll do:
- Find yourself in a service-oriented architecture using microservices.
- Architect, build, test and rene a high quality backend infrastructure for our applications.
- Work in a cross-functional team with experienced and passionate engineers.
- Make decisions about a suitable technology stack for each new service based on use-case and requirements.
- Collaborate with Frontend and Fullstack engineers to work on REST or GraphQL specications.
- Contribute to all stages of product development through ideation, preparation and delivery of projects and features.
What you'll denitely need:
- Studied a core module in IT, or have alternatively successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in an enterprise environment.
- Have a proven track record in building high trac APIs using either Python, PHP, NodeJS or Java.
- Be interested and motivated in working with at least two of the above mentioned programming languages.
- Ability to build and work with complex data structures using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with dierent people and proles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluent English (our company language) and strong communication skills.
- To love technical challenges and strive for continuous development.
What we'd love you to have:
- Bring expertise in working with event-driven architectures.
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker) and CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledge about working with GCP, AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
- Interest in supporting the team with DevOps topics.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the driving force behind all decisions and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- A state-of-the-art campus with world-class ergonomics that supports your health and happiness, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- Please note, we require a valid EU work permit for this position.